Anaconda suggestion

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 27 00:48:23 UTC 2004

Geoffrey Leach said:
> On 2004.01.25 10:36, William Hooper wrote:
>>
>> Geoffrey Leach said:
>> > Provide a "Back" button on the CD check screen
>>
>> Could you provide more information on what you are suggesting?  For
>> example, where it would it take you back to?
>
> Sure.  I'm working through the early stages of the install when I get to a
> screen that asks me if I want to check the CD.  I inadvertantly answer
> "Yes",
> and find myself on a screen that gives me two options, check the CD and
> something else (quit?).

"Eject CD", actually.

>  Not wishing to take the second option, I sit and
> wait
> for the CD check to complete.  I'd have preferred to be able to back up to
> the
> screen I was first on, and to proceed with the install, answering "No"
> this
> time, of course.

You should have taken "Eject CD", which then (after ejecting the CD, of
course) gives you the option to "Test" another disc, or "Continue" with
the installation.

Maybe the wording on the first screen could be a little better.  I suggest
you file an RFE in bugzilla with your longer explaination.

--
William Hooper