Gnumeric Problem After Adding Router

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Tue Jan 27 02:45:16 UTC 2004

I have a problem with Gnumeric that I believe is related to my adding a
router to the desk here. This is an upgrade to FC1 from RH9 machine.
Previously I had my static IP configured, and things worked just fine.
Now I've added a router and so this machine is getting its IP from the
router, so I have it config'd as DHCP. Gnumeric seems to be looking for
the static IP. It simply freezes before the splash screen comes up.

I ran "strace gnumeric" and here are the last few lines that it stops on:

setsockopt(17, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, [1], 4) = 0
setsockopt(17, SOL_TCP, TCP_NODELAY, [1], 4) = 0
connect(17, {sa_family=AF_INET, sin_port=htons(631),
sin_addr=inet_addr("my.static.ip.address.here")}, 16

It'll sit there for several minutes before continuing and exiting before
even getting a splash screen.

how can I tell configure Gnumeric to play with the router-assigned IP
instead of the static IP address? I haven't run into any other software
that behaved similarly yet.

Clint