upgrading to same package version

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Tue Jan 27 03:46:57 UTC 2004

Hi guys

I'm trying to upgrade freetype to enable support for the bytecode
interpreter by changing the SPEC and rebuilding the source rpm. FedoraNews
suggests to use the "--replacefiles" option with the rebuild command since
it's upgrading to the same version number. This just gives me "package
freetype-2.1.4-5 is already installed".

What would be the better option (for RPM DB integrity etc.): Use
"--replacefiles" & "--replacepkgs" or use "--force"?

Both of these options produce no dependency/conflict errors when tested
with "--test".

TY
--
Matt