benchmarking FC1

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at fastwebnet.it
Tue Jan 27 16:09:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 17:03, Paolo wrote:
> Emiliano Brunetti said:
> [...]
> > I googled a bit and didn't find much about benchmarking normal desktop
> > usage. Maybe the case is that there isn't still anything.
>
> You don't find anything because you don't know what u want to benchmark ;)

Please read previous posts. I need to benchmark 'normal desktop usage',
that in such case could be disk I/O, graphic adapter performance and cpu
load, all in normal conditions - that is somehow simulating a normal
desktop usage (spreadsheet, writing, surfing, emailing, doing a little
of graphic stuff).

It is *all* in previous posts.

> There are _a lot_ of benchmark you can run,
> may be ltp.sourceforge.net/ is usefull for you.
>
> Hope it helps.

Sure, thanks.

E.