Configuring NETBIOS/Samba

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Tue Jan 27 20:55:35 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:33:46 +0000, Tom Taylor <fedora> escreveu:

> De: Tom Taylor <fedora>
> Data: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 14:33:46 +0000
> Para: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Assunto: Re: Configuring NETBIOS/Samba
>
> Pedro Fernandes Macedo wrote:
>
>   > It's a netbios name lookup... instead of using dns , m$ decided that a
> > broadcast was better than using dns to resolve local names... If memory
> > serves me well , there's a daemon called Lisa that tries to do the same
> > thing....
>
> I couldn't find any information on this - can you point me in the right
> direction?

Tom ,

I didnt find any info on LISA on google... It's part of the kdenetwork package.. I've just checked and thereś a GUI to configure it... It's hidden in KDE Control center (kcontrol) , under "internet & network" ,  "local network browsing". There's a wizard to help you configuring it....

Pedro Fernandes Macedo