No Printing After Removing Router

Clint clint at penguinsolutions.org
Wed Jan 28 00:47:56 UTC 2004

Clint wrote:
[...]

> [clint at localhost clint]$ lpr mozilla.ps
> lpr: error - scheduler not responding!
>
> When I try to print a test page I get this error:
>
> There was a problem sending CUPS test page
> to 'printer' queue:
>
> lpr: unable to print file: server-error-service-unavailable

[..]

Go it working (with some much-appreciated help)! My /etc/hosts was not
properly configured with a loopback 127.0.0.1, and once that was
properly set, and cups restarted, I could print normally.

I want to say a "Thanks!" to Jesse at PogoLinux for his help with this
matter. He bailed me out of my own Panic Mode so I can get some printed
material in time for my 8:00 class of students!

Clint