Benefits of different file systems (Was: how about resiser?)

WipeOut wipe_out at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 11:15:56 UTC 2004

Colin Paul Adams wrote:

>    W> When you boot off the FC1 CD1 type "linux reiserfs".. Thsi will
>    W> allow you to install onto reiserfs filesystems..
>
>    W> JFS is also availible by running "linux jfs" when booting from
>    W> the install CD..
>    W> Why are you after reiserfs??
>
>Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of resierfs v. JFS v. ext3?

Different filesystems handel loads and filesizes and data intergrity
differntly.. So you have a choice as to which FS is best for your
system.. Personaly I have nver had a need for anything other than the
standard ext3 FS since it is fast anough and provides a good level of
data integrity, especially for server systems..

This should give you a basic intro with some easy to read graphs.. :)

http://www.gurulabs.com/ext3-reiserfs.html

Later..