Halp!

roger2 roger2 at rogernet.net
Wed Jan 28 12:44:55 UTC 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 22:44:58 -0800 (PST), Rizal Aliyuddin
<eepohboy_fedora at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I've just installed fedora for the first time and I'm
> itching to run up2date as it says that there are 49
> updates available. But before I do, I have 2
> questions:
>
> 1) I did try to run up2date once before but got an
> error saying the GPG sig doesn't match and the file
> has been tampered with etc. etc. I tried to ignore and
> continue, but the package wouldn't install correctly.
> I've tried going through the mail-list archives and
> found that this happens when the server is over
> loaded, and someone suggested to use a mirror. Now
> I've gone and tried to look for a mirror, but have no
> idea what I should use. There are several mirrors
> listed at the Fedora site for downloads. Can I use one
> of these mirrors when using up2date? Or are there
> other specific servers out there that I should be
> using and if so, can someone point me to them?
>
> 2) Is there any order/sequence of what I should
> install or can I update everything at once?
>
> Any help is much appreciated...
>
> Rizal.

See ealier posts for more detail. But....
Last night I did the Kernel firat and rebooted.
Then tried to do it in one hit which faild with the error you mentioned.
I then restarted and did the update a few at a time, which although slower
worked fine.
I gather there are other mirror site that might not be getting hit so hard.
Regards Roger