New NVidia 5336 Drivers Available - 2.6 Kernel Support

Wed Jan 28 16:27:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 10:00, Clint Harshaw wrote:
> > Am I misunderstanding your frames-per-second though? I looked at the
> >> frames-per-second for the gears screensaver, and I'm seeing only
> >> around 50 fps. That's on a stock PogoLinux Veronna workstation.
> >>
> >> Clint
> >>

> > Mine went from 4150 to 4300 g-force ti4800 128MB
> >
> > Regards
> > Dean
>
> I think I might know now what was up: I turned up the animation speed
> and noticed a significant increase.
>
> *doh*
>
> Clint

Interesting.  I moved the animation speed for gears from the slowest
setting to the fastest setting. _Full screen_, my FPS went from around
50 at the slowest setting to around 250 at the fastest.

One more thing, my current i8200 laptop display is 1600 x 1200 UXGA.

Next week I get a new laptop. Dell 5150 with a 3.2 Ghz P4 with HT, 2 Gb
RAM, 7200 rpm 60 Gb HD, UXGA display and the NVidia Go5200 64 Mb video
card. It will be interesting to see the performance gains with that,
nothwithstanding the hernia that I will get carrying it...  ;-)

Marc