mailto not registered in Firebird

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at web.de
Wed Jan 28 17:16:56 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb Ko Pu um 17:38:
> > > I have the following questions:
> > > - It seems to me that Firebird has this problem fixed, is it right? The
> >doc
> > > mentioned that for versions after Firebird 0.6, there'll be a gui
> >interface
> > > to configure it, where is this interface?
> > > - According to above doc, you need to create the following command:
> > > $CMDLINE = "kmail --composer -c \"$CC\" -b \"$BCC\" -s \"$SUBJECT\"
> >--body
> >               ^^^^^
> >I thought you wanted to use thinderbird?!
> >
> >http://mozex.mozdev.org/faq.html#unixthunder
> >will guide you the way you to this script
> >http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?p=146623&highlight=mozex#146623
> >
> Yes, I wanted to use thunderbird, but I don't know which command to invoke
> t-bird, the line above is just a sample from the script, I need to replace
> the kmail by t-bird, do you know which command can invoke t-bird?

Sorry I cannot help you for I don't use Thunderbird but Evolution. The
wrapper at forums.mozillazine.org does not seem to work with all
windowmangers/desktops. Did you read the whole thread till the end?

> I tried to follow the site above that you indicated, but to no avail, I
> created a script

Does that mean you are using the one I showed you or did you make one
you own? Does the script work, if you call it from the commandline?

> , put it in a folder in my PATH, then created a mozex, when

you have to
General:
[X] Imtercept mailto: clicks
Commands:
Mailer: /path/to/your/script.sh

> I clicked it, nothing happened, no error messages and no mailer either, did
> I miss something?

Don't know :-)

Christoph