Is there anything cheaper than VMWare that runs Win2k?

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Wed Jan 28 17:22:55 UTC 2004

This talk about adding Win2k lately has me thinking. I really hate
dual-booting. Mostly because I hate leaving Linux since that's where my
mail/irc/mp3s, etc. are. So I was wondering. Is there a virtualization
package out there (that works relatively well) that's cheaper than
VMWare and still runs Win2k. I ask that because I'm trying to get a
platform to run ASP.NET on (I'm using Mono currently, but it has issues)
and as far as I know I need at least Win2k for that. Last time I checked
Win4Lin only supported up to Windows ME. What else is there that works?

Preston