Kernel

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Jan 28 21:11:30 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 28.01.2004 schrieb phil at icserv.net um 21:19:
> What is the current Kernel for Fedora?

uname -r -> 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl

> I've run in to a small problem. We've historically used Redhat for our web servers here at work, and we're trying to set up a development server to be compatible with one of our production servers that still has Perl 5.6.1. Redhat 9 comes included with 5.8.3 and in order to go back to 5.6.1 I had to get the RPM that was intended for RedHat 7.3. All the dependencies had their last update in 7.3, and libdb3-3 was not available or recognized for RedHat 9. I downloaded compat-3.3 that says it provides backwards compatibility for 7.3 and Perl installed just fine...
>

> I've now been told that since it was such a complicated endeavor, I'm going to have to install Fedora instead and use the system's supported modules for Perl, OpenSSL,  ModSSL, Apache, etc. What are the current versions of these modules that are distributed with Fedora? Can I upgrade to kernel 2.6? what trouble am I going to run in to?

Why don't you just go to http://fedora.redhat.com and browse through one
of the mirror repositories to see which packages are in FC1?

FC1 does not officially come with kernel 2.6. There are just test
kernels in the development tree. FC2 in April will come with kernel 2.6.

Alexander

P.S. Can you please make your mail client to wrap the lines at around 72
letters?

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 22:07:46 up 4 days, 5:45, load average: 0.13, 0.30, 0.36
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]