nvidia again...:-(

Matt H. helios82 at optushome.com.au
Thu Jan 29 12:02:48 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:53:56 +0000, Robert Uebbing wrote:

<snip>
> But I am haveing some serious problems with the XServer. I tried NVIDIA
> 's driver 5328 and 5336 and they install just fine (with CC=gcc32) and
> they *seem* to work. Everytime I try to run glxgears the whole system
> just freezes and I have to do a hard reset. Sometimes X just crashes
> randomly I have to log in again. I did disable the DRI in the
> XF86Config, but that did not help. Reading the archives and various
> READMEs I come the conclusion that either my XF86Config is still not
> correct or I am having problems with the symlinks for the libraries.
> Can anyone help ? I am getting desperate...

Your XFConfig looks fine and your libraries are linked the same as mine.
Are you getting any errors or other pertinent info from your XFree86.0.log
file?
You would probably be better off posting your question over at
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=14 which is
the official Linux+nVidia forum.

HTH
--