No sound from CD-ROM

Edward Croft ecroft at openratings.com
Thu Jan 29 14:16:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 08:59, Marcelo Rosa wrote:
> I have tested my Sound Card and it seems to work. But it does not play sound
> from CDs. Volume Control is OK, but still no sound. Any ideas?
>
> TKS
>
> Marcelo de Azevedo Rosa

Just dotting i's, but is the cd to sound card cable connected properly?
I have dual cdroms in one of my systems and sometimes I forget and put
the cd into the cdrom without the cable. Usually, this is one of those,
um duh's, slap your forehead kind of things. Don't you just hate having
to reopen a box you just built because you forgot to connect the CDrom
sound cable or the HD light cable, or some dumb thing?

--
Edward M. Croft
Sr. Systems Engineer