KDE-Install failed

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 29 16:51:34 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 29.01.2004 schrieb Christoph Wickert um 17:36:
> Hi!
>
> I'm using Gnome but I want a minimal KDE for quanta and k3b. So I
> installed:
>
> kde-i18n-German-3.1.4-1
> kdelibs-3.1.4-4
> kdebase-3.1.4-6
> qt-MySQL-3.1.2-14
> qt-3.1.2-14
>
> and others mentioned as "Standard Packages" in redhat-config-packages.
>
> arts-1.1.4-3
> desktop-printing-0.1.10-18
> fam-2.6.8-12
> htdig-3.2.0-19.20030601
> xinetd-2.3.12-4.10.0
>
> I can log into KDE, but the menu is nearly empty, not a single KDE app
> shown. When I log into Gnome I see at least "Webbrowser Konqueror",
> Kdeprintfax and Ksysguard (but konqueror won't start from the menu, only
> from shell).
> I cant configure KDE in any way: Right click on desktop -> configure
> Desktop -> nothing happens. Calling kcontrol from the shell gives me a
> completely empty control center.
>
> Any ideas what went wrong?
>
> Christoph

Why did you at all install KDE? You can use applications which need KDE
libs from Gnome too. You just need to install the needed libs.

"up2date -i quanta k3b" will do the job and install the needed packages
too (if you have the k3b repository added to your sources list).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2149.nptl
Sirendipity 17:49:34 up 2:37, 7 users, 0.29, 0.19, 0.19
                   [ Γνωθι σ'αυτον - gnothi seauton ]