Docs for /etc/sysconfig/iptables and iptables-config?

Stephen Walton stephen.walton at csun.edu
Thu Jan 29 23:49:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-29 at 09:47, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> The format of the /etc/sysconfig/iptables file is in my eyes
> self-explaining.

Your eyes must be better than mine :-) .  I used Firewall Builder and
found it a reasonable tool for building a moderately complex firewall.
It is still a bit technical for a really naive user, but I found it much
easier than writing rules by hand.  However, the rules it generates go
into a shell script you have to run separately at bootup instead of into
/etc/sysconfig/iptables, so that's a definite down side.

--
Stephen Walton <stephen.walton at csun.edu>
Dept. of Physics & Astronomy, Cal State Northridge