Xine broke mplayer?

Ben Steeves bcs at metacon.ca
Fri Jan 30 01:18:35 UTC 2004

I haven't done a lot of investigating into this yet, so this e-mail may
be a tad premature... if the solution turns out to be obvious, I
apologize in advance.

Yesterday, I removed ogle from my system and replaced it with Xine
(using the FreshRPMs packages).

Now, any AVI streams I watch are in black and white!  They used to be
colour...

This happens in both Xine and Mplayer.  Mplayer was working fine before
xine, and I could *swear* I watched some clips with Xine last night and
they were in colour.

I checked my eyes and my monitor... it's definitely something to do with
the codecs.  What surprises me is that installing Xine affected
Mplayer.

Does anyone with deeper experience with these apps have any clue as to
what's going on?

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves at unb.ca
http://www.metacon.ca/ascii    / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves