IPTABLES doesn't work

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Fri Jan 30 04:07:49 UTC 2004

<SNIP>

I'm going to ask a _very_simple question..

You want to deny everything eccept the following

> 1. allow incoming connections on ports 11000 (http), 21
> (ftp), 22 (ssh),
> and 113 (identd).
> 2. allow outgoing on all ports.
> 3. just 1 ethernet card, eth0.

And you have only 1 Ethernet Card. So.. Assuming you are using eth0
to connect to I-net (via PPP/PPPoE/DSL etc..) I suggest you get
a real firewall front-end like shorewall. (www.shorewall.net IIRC)

The problem here is you want to allow only item 1 above, and you
put eth0 as trusted. So... this is Never gonna work out.. If eth0's trusted,

it mean (tm) that _all_ ports on eth0 will _not_ be blocked.

You either have to uncheck eth0 as trusted or get another ethernet card.

So.. I think the problem is there. Un-Trust Eth0 and try again.

PS : I like your Domain Name.. Can I get Free Email with that Domain?
     :)