VNC server: different resolutions at startup

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak mjc at avtechpulse.com
Fri Jan 30 14:01:46 UTC 2004

Tom,

If you launch VNC from xinetd, you can assign different resolutions to
different port numbers, so users can select their resolution. See this
excellent article: http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-03/guru_01.html.

Note that the VNC4-beta server supplied with FC1 needs
"-SecurityTypes=none" added to the xvnc parameters (along with the
geometry parameters, etc) for the method described in the above article
to work properly.

- Mike