Upgrading Production line PCs

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Sat Jan 31 15:01:00 UTC 2004

At 08:24 1/31/2004, you wrote:

>On 31/01/2004 13:00 Jeff Vian wrote:
>>>You could always dump MSSQL in favour of PostgreSQL.
>>or MySQL
>
>We're talking RDBMS's here not 5th rate FUD-ware.

No flames required, Paul. Kindly grow up: whatever you may think of them, a
large number of organizations use both PostgreSQL and MySQL for some
sizable projects with good results. In our case, we use Oracle since we
consider MS SQL to be 5th-rate FUD-ware. So opinions can and will vary.

In any event, the original poster likely does not care about either your
opinion and mine, and posts commenting on the perceived quality of /any/
RDBMS are not useful to him. Her? I forgot. Only one person has actually
responded with a useful comment that was on-topic.

So, do you know of a way to connect a Linux client to MS SQL or not? Help
the guy, dammit.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com