Permission to write Windows partition

Phil Schaffner P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org
Thu Jul 1 10:43:56 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 08:19 +0200, Fidahoussen Youssoufe Laurent wrote:
> Hi,
> I am not able to aswer to you about your issue, but I have the problem of
> writing on a NTFS partition.
> In fact, did you compil your kernel to let it to write on NTFS partition or
> did you proceed on a another way ?
> Thanks for your aswer.

I've never needed write support for NTFS badly enough to risk turning it
on in my kernel builds, but others have reported success.  Only way I
know to get it with the 2.6 kernel module is compile your own - the
module/kernel re-builders seem to be similarly conservative with what
they distribute.  Might also check out

  http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/

which uses the Microsoft Windows ntfs.sys driver.

Phil