Patch file for network rc script

Matt Blecha mblecha at coloradosmart.com
Mon Jul 5 21:50:41 UTC 2004

I have included a patch for /etc/rc.d/init.d/network to include the
ability to start and stop the setkey ipsec system...

    1. Add "NETWORKING_IPSEC=yes" to /etc/sysconfig/network and patch
-p0 /etc/rc.d/init.d/network with the patch file.
    2. Create /etc/ipsec.conf with keys & SAs according to ipsec.conf
man page or http://www.ipsec-howto.org/ (I also recommended using
libc6's contrib 'xxd' package for key generations, unless you plan on
        using certs.)
    3. Configure persistent static routes for hosts/networks.
    4. Set: "net.ipv4.ip_forward=1" in /etc/sysctl.conf if you're using
tunnel mode.
    5. Restart Networking.

If anyone has any suggestions for the diff file, please let me know...

--
-Matt Blecha-
CEO
mblecha at coloradosmart.com