nightmare...

Peter Cannon peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 6 16:15:17 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 06 Jul 2004 17:06, The wise and knowledgeable Paul proclaimed:
> Hi,
>
> > Finally, I got sick and tired of FC2. And tried to
> > re-install Windows XP. I tried repairing, I tried
> > installing Suse Linux, I even removed the entire swap
> > and ext3 partition. But Windows NEVER boots up. Now,
> > my hard disk is nearly useless. All thanks to the
> > wonderful F-ing FC2.
>
> Shows you how poor the Windows partition software is. Try booting from a
> Win98 drive, delete all partitions and formatting from there.
>
> What was the problem with FC2 - it's been rock solid at this end
>
> TTFN
>
> Paul

And while your about it use a Windows boot floppy do fdsk mbr, then fdsk your
partions, then recreate them, then format C: 'Dont use the CD' only use that
when you have done the those three steps first.

--

Regards

Peter Cannon

peter at cannon-linux.freeserve.co.uk

"There is every excuse for not knowing!"
"But there is no excuse for not asking!"