nvidia driver causes enemy-territory to flicker

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Tue Jul 6 21:42:27 UTC 2004

>I'm not Scott, but anyway... he may be talking about the .etwolf
>

>I am Scott. Yeah you mention the right config file ~/.etwolf/etmain/
>etmain.cfg

>Now there is also one setup in the profile folder if you already setup
>the profile.

>I guess I should've ask this question earlier. What do you mean by
>flicker. For instance when I start up the game, the screen flicks ones
>to test the gl extenstions but that's it. If you can't get beyond this,
>the problem is with opengl.

Scott, you were right. I was able to change the default 800x600 resolution in the options menu of enemy-territory to 1280x1040 and this fixed the flickering problem. This flickering did not occur on the default resolution 0f 800x600  when i played the game using an 8kstakes kernel. :)

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way WA.