Bacula and FC2?

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Wed Jul 7 01:33:43 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 15:10, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone found a rpm that works with FC2?
>
> I thought I saw something in the dag repository, but it only has build logs.
>
> There is a rh9 rpm.  Should I give that a try?

Mike,

I tried bacula on rh9.  I threw it away because of lack of compression
in the output.  It either does not do compression or I could not figure
out how to do it.

I use mondoarchive and get a full restore backup in ~10gb.  Bacula did a
similar backup in >30gb. (The partition was 30gb and bacula failed with
the space full before it finished.)

Although I like the ease of use and speed, I do not have the space
available for that massive a backup on my systems at home.

YMMV
Jeff