Traffic shaping... don't understand the instructions!

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 9 16:49:15 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 08:24, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
> At 08:31 PM 7/8/2004, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
>
> >All right. it's COOL. I've managed to figure it out. Based on my little
> >setup, it works.
> >
> >Rodolfo, please report back to me if it _works_
> >for you or not..
>
> Damn, I look away from a list and all sorts of things happen. Ow, thanks a
> *million* for your efforts.
You're Welcome.
(I'm happily grining from ear to ear)

>  I'll test out this script and try some things
Well.. if you have probs, please let me know. And let me know what you
want to try.

> and then get back to you with lots of feedback, OK?
That's _way_ cool.

> Since I really want to
> understand this better I'll likely take a couple of weeks to play with it
Ahh.. Shoot. Oh well. I understand. I just took an hour + to play on my
laptop. I was going through the script last night and noticed that I
could have done better. (and you know what.. I think I will. and I'll
integrate Wondershaper into it. So, you'll get the nice ACKS and TOS for
interactive traffic.)

I'm not sure if I can do it, but maybe, I want to integrate RED/GRED
algorithm into the script and maybe that will get you better Inbound
Traffic control as well.

And if you don't understand something, let me know, maybe I can help.

> on a toy firewall before I hit my production box with it.
Man.. I wish I was you and have a couple of machines to play around wit.
All I have is this laptop. (Don't get me wrong, it's a great machine
this D600, 1.4Ghz + 512MB Ram but it just isn't giving me enough room to
play with FreeBSD/Gentoo/Debian. Right now, All I can do is create
virtual machines on VMWare.)

> Again, thanks.
Much Obliged

Check back later. (maybe after the weekend is over, I might have a new
script for you.)

--
Ow Mun Heng
Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on D600 1.4Ghz CPU kernel