/dev/pilot does not exist

William M. Quarles walrus at bellsouth.net
Sun Jul 11 02:45:53 UTC 2004

fedora wrote:
>>Sat, 10 Jul 2004 "William M. Quarles"
>>Re: /dev/pilot does not exist
>>
>>On a tangent, you can upgrade your operating system on your
>>Palm cheaply.  This is one site that I found:
>>http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=113679
>>
>>I like PalmOS 4.1 a LOT better than 3.5.
>>
>>Try searching for this in Google:
>>Palm OS 4.1 -site:palm.com -site:palmone.com -site:palmos.com
>>-site:palmsource.com

<snip>

> I checked Palm OS 4.1 at PalmOne, and had to e-mail Palm for download
> instructions that "may take up to an hour" -that was yesterday! Perhaps
> because I have not registered ? I'll try them again, and if no response,
> buy the upgrade for 3 quid!

As I recall, that download only works on the m50x models.  But if it
works for you, let me know.

As for one hour being long past, I often get into that pickle, and the
reason is usually that the message got caught by an overly proctective
spam filter on one of my e-mail accounts, and I need to go sifting
through my Junk-Mail folder to find the missing message.

Peace,
William