KVM Trouble, Mouse Gone Wild

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Jul 12 14:24:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 10:08, Yang Xiao wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running FC2 Kenel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3. I'm using a Belkin SOHO series
> 4 port KVM switch (with the latest firmware)and everytime when I
> switch the ports, the mouse goes wild and the mouse driver complains
> in the log:

Check the archives for discussion of this exact topic for more details.

You can try adding:

psmouse.proto=imps

to your kernel options.  It has worked for some.  You may also want to
try bare instead of imps if imps does not work.

(IMHO, Belkin KVMs should be avoided, they appear to have more problems
than other KMMs)
--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Line Printer paper is strongest at the perforations.