Downgrading the kernel to a 2.4.22

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Tue Jul 13 07:59:13 UTC 2004

We are using Fedora Core 2 for an embedded hardware project. We are
using pieces of hardware (more specific specialized camera's) that need
vendor driver support.

Our vendor is not yet shipping this support for a 2.6.x kernel. This is
our main reason why we want to downgrade the kernel a Fedora Core 2
installation.

My question is, how much of an impact will this have, is it possible and
what are the recommended steps?

We would like to build a RPM for our customers who will be using the
system (that we are building). This RPM will downgrade their kernel.

How do we create such an RPM. I do know how to create a .spec file but I
can imagine that for a kernel, special issues should be taken in
consideration. Which ones?

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org