installing rtl8139 card

jludwig wralphie at comcast.net
Tue Jul 13 19:07:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-07-13 at 14:39, bryant dodd wrote:
> I have the redhat 9.0 system and i have installed the rtl 8139 card but the
> os didnt reconize it upon loading the system. i even tried selecting the
> 8139 from a list and when i click to activate it, it says that the cards
> isnt present. i do have the rtl8139 driver and make file on a floppy, but i
> dodnt know where to go on my system to download it. can someone please help
> me?
>
> Bryant

> Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 2 months FREE!
> http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

There are actually two drivers 8139too.o and 8139cp.o (one for older
boards, and, one for newer boards). If kudzu (or insmod) tries with the
wrong module it will of coarse fail.

Try insmod 8139too and insmod 8139cp to see which one is correct.

Hopefully this will allow you to fix this issue.
--
jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net>