rpm install dependency error

John Dangler jdangler at atlantic.net
Wed Jul 14 21:36:15 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
On Behalf Of Alexander Dalloz
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:19 PM
To: For users of Fedora Core releases
Subject: Re: rpm install dependency error

Am Mi, den 14.07.2004 schrieb John Dangler um 16:31:

>Sorry, can't say anything about their software. What does the software
>do you want to use? There might be alternatives, not directly by MySQL
>AB, but by other projects, to be found through freshmeat.net or
>sourceforge.net.

Alexander~
It's an administration tool that allows for adding tables, indeces, columns,
relationships, has a dynamic query tool, database diagramming tool,
local/remote connection tools, registrations, and has a whole toolbox full
of external tools for import/export, object copy, extraction, data
simulation, and a couple of others that I can't think of right at the
moment.  I don't mind doing with less, since the people at EMS-HITECH refuse
to answer any emails, and don't have a phone number anywhere.
I'll look at the two sites you suggested.  But, do you know if the tools at
mySQL AB are okay to use on FC2?

> > error: Failed dependencies:
> >
> >             libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3 needed by mymanager-1.3.0-1
> >
> >             libstdc++-libc6.1-1.s0.2 is needed by mymanager-1.3.0-1

> The compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm contains following files:

> /usr/lib/libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

>From what I posted before only the first .so was fulfilled. I meanwhile
rechecked the situation using rpmfind.net and it show different
information that my package content listing. See

http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/2/i386/compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.12
6.i386.html

libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3

So both dependencies provided by the compat-libstrdc++ package of FC2.
Install it and be happy ;)

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.3.uml
Serendipity 18:09:24 up 1 day, 15:51, load average: 0.23, 0.31, 0.27