FC2 install - dual processor, out of disk space

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at pauahtun.org
Thu Jul 15 14:04:07 UTC 2004

Hi All--
I downloaded FC2 yesterday (14 July 2004), burned 4 CDs (system doesn't
have DVD), and all 4 pass media check (and MD5).  I was able to install
FC1 just fine on this system with a 10GB disk, I just couldn't get
up2date/yum to work, so I wanted to try FC2.

The system:
Gateway dual PII, 350Mhz, 512MB ECC ram.  3com ethernet card, generic
USB 2 2-port card, no sound card, Accelgraphics video card (detected and
used just fine in FC1 and apparently fine in FC2).

After the install errored out -- "An error occurred during the transfer
of the install image to your hard disk.  You are probably out of disk
space" -- I installed a new primary master disk, 40GB, and moved the
10GB disk to primary slave.  Both disks are detected.  I get the
partition error message every time I try the install.

hda:
/boot = 1GB
/     = 37GB
swap  = 1GB
hdb:
/ormolu = 10GB

I still get the failure during install image transfer error, no matter
what I do.  That is, at first I selected everything and all languages,
but later I tried the minimum and English-only, but I get the error
anyway.

The disks are freshly formatted, by disk druid, every time.

Any clues?

Metta,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
God N Locomotive Works
http://www.pauahtun.org/
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours