dual-booting without GRUB or LILO

Brian Gaynor briang at pmccorp.com
Fri Jul 16 18:19:03 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-16 at 10:47, - - s r b - - wrote:
> Is this with GRUB in the boot partition or the MBR? I assume you mean
> boot partition, but just want to make sure...

One system uses Bootmagic as the primary bootloader with grub on the
linux partition, the rest use grub on the MBR to boot various windows
flavors and linux. In all cases the linux partitions are in the extended
partition at the end of the disk as they are much less picky than
Windows (Windows wants to boot from a primary partition).

--
Brian Gaynor
Precision MicroControl Corp.

  e-mail: briang at pmccorp.com