Tomcat installation.

Jesus M. Rodriguez jmrodri at nc.rr.com
Sat Jul 24 04:39:19 UTC 2004

Franco,

Which version of Tomcat? 4 or 5?  Where did you get it? jpackage.org?
I'm using the one from jpackage and I had to install the webapps
seperately.  By default tomcat5 doesn't have the "intro webapp" hence
the 404.  Get tomcat5-admin-webapps and tomcat5-webapps.

Looking at the jpackage site, looks like tomcat4 is the same way.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Jesus M. Rodriguez