Installing RPM s

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Jul 25 22:59:04 UTC 2004

--On Sunday, July 25, 2004 11:27 PM +0200 Tore Frederiksen
<jot2re at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ive just startet using fedora.. but when i try to install RPM software
> the computer is asking me what software i would like to use to open the
> RPM files.. i dont now what to say.. i dont know what the RPM installler
> is called in fedora.. please help me...

yum, apt, and Red Carpet are possible choices here. The low-level RPM
command can be used but it requires more manual work, as it doesn't
automatically install other packages required by the one you're interested
in. The high-level commands will do dependency resolution and install the
other packages as needed.