JPEG/JFIF that will cause mozilla hang, kernel lock and sometimes reboot (FC2)

Nuno Tavares nunotavares at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 27 01:06:52 UTC 2004

Hi Mitch,

Em Sun, 25 Jul 2004 00:41:28 -0700, Nifty Hat Mitch escreveu:
> Just guessing...
> Research compression bombs in this mailing list and in Google.

How do you mean?

> Make sure that you have limits (ulimit -a) that are within
> the bounds of physical DRAM then launch the browser.

$ ulimit -a
core file size        (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
max locked memory     (kbytes, -l) unlimited
max memory size       (kbytes, -m) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 1024
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 8
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 10240
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 6143
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

Is this acceptable?

> If you are not root,

I'm not, in any circumstance.

> and the kernel causes a reboot then you have a
> bug.  Perhaps it is a bug in the hardware gfx side of the windowing
> system.

You seem to be right. I'm using the NVIDIA module (latest) and if I change
the xorg's config and use "nv" default module and doesn't crash.

Is it possible to debug the module?

Thanks for the help.
-
Nuno Tavares