X11 Issues

Thomas Sapp tpsapp at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:21:23 UTC 2004

I just installed Fedora Core in to a VMWare virtual machine and it continues
to tell me that /dev/mouse and /dev/msmouse do not exist.  Yet the mouse
works in console mode without issue using /dev/msmouse.  I know that in
Redhat 9 there was a command something like XF86Configure or similar that
allowed me to run through the X11 configuration but I am not sure how to do
this on fedora.  Can anyone help with this?  I have a MS Intellimouse
Explorer and as I said the OS recognizes it but X11 doesn't.

Thanks,
Thomas Sapp
http://www.sappsworld.com