Installing JBuilderX: libstdc++-libc error

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 1 03:51:48 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Anyone out there installed the JBuilderX enterprise version? I installed
it succesfully, but got the following error message:

jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries:
libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Jbuilder8 gave a comparable error.

Now, I can't find the file on my filesystem anywhere (or on the CD) and
using rpmfind, can't find any reference to it.

Using google I got a reference to a RedHat 8 user, who was advised to
add to ld.so.conf and run ldconfig, which would be usefull if I could
find the file.

I am running FC2 (using up2date to keep up2date), kernel untainted.

Can anyone help me find the solution to the error?

Guus.
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)