SMC2662W EZ Connect

nigel nigelnye at comcast.net
Thu Jul 1 12:53:31 UTC 2004

Hi

I am having trouble installing the drivers for the USB2 SMC2662W EZ Connect
under FC2. I downloaded the one available for the version 4, which is what I
seem to have (I believe I have tested all of the ones available--versions
1,2,3, & 4).

Using the readme file, I used the outlined procedure under the root account
in both the root home folder and the "/" directory. When I tried executing
it with "./setup.sh" it basically told me that there was no driver that
matched the kernel (it used the kernel version in the script to eventually
find the version # among the modules). I tried to edit the setup.sh file so
that it would install the most recent driver to the directory where the
other usb wireless drivers were. It worked--sorta. Except for the fact that
the other drivers had a ".ko" and mine just a ".o" So I changed it after
making sure it didn't work. When I pulled up the networking utility and
looked under wireless, it didn't seem to display a new option, let alone a
new SMC (even after a reboot). It seems like I'm getting nowhere with this
method.

Also, I used lsusb to find that my device simply says "Belkin" and not
Wireless anything like I would expect.

Repeating what I have done while waiting for you to reply,
Apologies for the poor wording,
Nigel