Tcpdump: "admin prohibited filter"

Yang Xiao yxiao at ohpp.com
Thu Jul 1 12:49:39 UTC 2004

Hi,
The message means there's some sort of firewall, IP filtering setup
somewhere along the way from your host to the destination for ICMP messages,
such as a IPTABLES rule to block ICMP traffic, nothing suspicious.
You can test this by setup IPTABLES port filtering on one host and do a
tcpdump from another host, try access the port at the same time, you will
see similar messages.
Yang