Using Hylafax

Slade Hornick shornick at txfb.org
Thu Jul 1 14:46:07 UTC 2004

OK - hopefully someone can help out here - I have messed with this too long.
I installed Hylafax and here is my setup.

Fedora Core 2
External model /dev/ttyS1

I can: echo atdt {phone number} >/dev/ttyS1

And the modem will dial.

I can dial out using minicom as well.  So I know the modem is working and is
/dev/ttyS1.

Back to Hylafax:
I have ran faxaddmodem ttyS1 and the program probes my modem and finds all
the information that it needs and ask several setup questions and runs
completely through.

I believe faxgetty is running, here is my output of a faxstat command.

[root at fedora root]# faxstat
HylaFAX scheduler on fedora.txfb.org: Running
Modem ttyS1 (254.751.2265): Running and idle

However - Hylafax will not send anything out.  I try and do a simple example
to another fax machine and get the following

[root at fedora /]# sendfax -n -d 9,7723628 /etc/passwd
request id is 19 (group id 19) for host localhost (1 file)

[root at fedora /]# faxstat -s
HylaFAX scheduler on fedora.txfb.org: Running
Modem ttyS1 (254.751.2265): Running and idle

JID  Pri S  Owner Number       Pages Dials     TTS Status
19   127 W   root 9,7723628     0:0   0:12

It acts like it is going to work - but never sends the fax.  What I'm I
missing here?

Thanks
Slade Hornick

****CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE: This electronic transmission and any documents or
other writings accompanying it are intended only for the use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error,
do not read it. Please reply to the sender at the sender's e-mail address
that you have received the message in error. Then delete it. Any disclosure,
copying, distribution or the taking of any action concerning the contents of
this communication or any attachments(s) by anyone other than the named
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.