[solved] Re: Installing JBuilderX: libstdc++-libc error

A.J. Bonnema abonnema at xs4all.nl
Thu Jul 1 15:23:06 UTC 2004

Jim Hayward wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 20:51, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
>
>>Anyone out there installed the JBuilderX enterprise version? I installed
>>it succesfully, but got the following error message:
>>
>>jbuilder: error while loading shared libraries:
>>libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file
>>or directory
>

> You need to install the compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm from your
> FC2 CD's. It is on CD3.
>

> Regards,
> 	Jim H

Thank you very much both Jim and Lee: that did the trick. :-)

Guus - though I still don't understand why rpmfind doesn't return
results on 'libstdc++-libc'.
Also I wonder why this compat library doesn't show up on the package
list...
--
A.J. Bonnema, Leiden The Netherlands,
user #328198 (Linux Counter http://counter.li.org)