Development kernel rpm sizes?

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 1 19:34:15 UTC 2004

Bruno Wolff III said:
> I was looking at grabbing another copy of the development kernel to try
> out and noticed that the rpms are much larger (several over 90MB) than
> they were previously. Is this just something special with that particular
> development version or is this going to be normal for the future?

If you want to discuss development versions you probably want to jump on the fedora-test-list.  The kernel specifically has had a number of recent threads on the fedora-devel-list also.

I believe you are seeing the result of the kernel headers being added to the binary package.  Another possibility is that some debugging code is turned on (they are development versions after all).

--
William Hooper