xmms

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Thu Jul 1 20:51:04 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 19:10, russell wrote:
> James Lawrence wrote:
> > russell wrote:
> >
> >> Xmms has worked fine for me in fc-1, but all of a sudden it stopped
> >> working.  If I bring it up it seems to use all available cpu cycles
> >> and never actually makes it to the desktop.  I tried uninstalling it
> >> with yum, and reinstalling it, and the same behaviour is exhibited.
> >> Does anyone know where I can look to fix this?
> >>
> > what is the actual problem?  plays songs but no audio output?
> >

> The client no longer opens.  If I run it from the desktop it just hangs.
> If I do top it shows 100% usage for xmms.

Happened to me too.. Was working.. then not working...

So.. what I eventually did was re-installed the rpm.

It didn't allow me to remove it due to dependency (though I could have passed
a --nodeps oh..well) and neither did the Freshen work.

So.. in the end.. rpm -Uvh xmmx --nodeps (or was it force?? I can't remember)
worked after that