ssh help, I want user to be able to access only specified folders

emarti1 emarti1 at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 1 21:13:52 UTC 2004

Have you tried putting users into groups and then giving permissions to
the groups in the directory. Create a directory with permission for the
owner then the group and no world access. Users that belong to that
group will be allowed access. Another is the setfacl command on the
directory you want to control access.
This will control access to the individual Directories.
Another way to control login shells is to use rbash. A restricted bash
shell. Use with caution.
Here is more info on that from securityfocus.com on rbash and other
stuff.
http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2614