More X11 Issues

Thomas Sapp tpsapp at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 1 22:26:55 UTC 2004

Ok, I got the GDM startup issues resolved, however, another issue has
presented itself.  It is not a problem that is hindering the usage of my
system but when I log in as root I get an error stating that the XKB failed
to load.  I can still type and I ran the commands it asked me to do if I
wanted to report it as a bug, but I can not find XKB anywhere on my system.
Any Ideas?  Also, if a normal user logs in they get the error 5-6 times and
have to click close.

I also have a question.  Can someone describe to me how to connect to
another machine using an X GUI from the machine I am currently on.  They are
both configured to use XDMCP, but I am a bit of a newbie, as I am sure you
can tell by my posts! :-)

Thanks,
Thomas Sapp
http://www.sappsworld.com