Dumb USB question

John Wendel john.wendel at metnet.navy.mil
Thu Jul 1 23:48:17 UTC 2004

I'm trying to mount my digital camera, but I can't figure out exactly
which /dev/sd?? to use in the mount command.

I check /var/log/messages, and I see the camera being recognized by hotplug,
but the message doesn't help. I can see entries in /sys/bus/usb/devices/...
that show my camera vendor and model, but I don't know how to relate this
information back to a mountable device. I've tried sda1-9, sdb1-9, sdc1-9
sdd1-9 and no luck mounting the camera.

An explanation of the USB naming scheme - /dev connection will be most
appreciated.

Regards,

John