Can't connect ftp server with passive mode on

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Fri Jul 2 00:22:22 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 01.07.2004 schrieb Barry Yu um 23:47:

> My ftp server is vsftp and it is behide a router, remote clients need to
> turn off the passive mode then can work with it. What settings/config do
> I need to do in order to enable remote clients to download from it with
> passive mode on?

As you can see from the following explanations and schematic images

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

it is not that easy to configure passive FTP with a NATed FTP server. Do
you have at least loaded ip_conntrack_ftp and ip_nat_ftp?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.6.6-1.435.2.1
Serendipity 02:18:42 up 5:43, 10 users, 0.26, 0.33, 0.33