Help w/ LDAP

Ow Mun Heng Ow.Mun.Heng at wdc.com
Fri Jul 2 01:01:51 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 16:22, xentek dev wrote:
> > Hmm.. worked fine on my box too. Fresh install of it.
> >
> > Are you sure httpd is up?
> >
> > ps fax | grep http | grep -v grep
> >
> > gives you output??
>
> yes
>
> > maybe you have to check on your settings in
> >
> > /etc/httpd/conf
>
> i will check the conf file again
>
> what's weird is that i can get to my subversion repos via apache (i.e.
> http://127.0.1.1/repos/) but when going to a simple index.html file
> (only text inside is hello world.)
So ... in your http root dir , you have the file called index.html which
the content is only "Hello world?"

Can you try deleting that file? By default, if you didn't have any
indec.html/php/htm it will come out with a "test page" of sorts.

Then you know it's working.

> I get:
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /index.html on this server.

The thing here is, maybe it's because you've can only view index.htm or
index.php (?) not sure.

> I'm gonna double check my conf files, as i did find the php bin, so it
> must be there... but not sure what this forbidden error is coming from.
> the first time i got it, i chmod 777 the doc root (to just try to give
> it 'all' the 'permissions' i could think of to get over the forbidden
> error.

Actually, what you should be doing is checking your logs..

Look here

sudo less /var/log/httpd/access_log or
                                 /error_log

And we'll go from there.