Fedora - The Next Generation

Wil Rodriguez fedora at wilrod.com
Fri Jul 2 03:44:31 UTC 2004

You know, if it wasn't for this thread I would have
never known about WhiteBox Linux.  I went ahead and
installed it on VMWare Workstation 4.5.2 (build 8848)
hosted on WinXP Pro (build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633) and
it is noticeably faster than FC2 also running as a
virtual machine with identical settings.  From bootup
to X application loadings everything just seems so
much smoother.  Heck, even FC1 (also running as a VM
with identical settings) is faster.

You're mileage may vary, but I'm sticking with FC1 and
WhiteBox until FC3 is out.

Thanks for the lively debate.

Wil